Information Obligation (Art. 13 GDPR)
Contact details for all affected groups
Name and contact details of the responsible office (Art. 13 Para. 1 a GDPR)
International Department des Karlsruher Instituts für Technologie gGmbH
E-Mail: sekretariat∂idschools kit edu
Name and contact details of the data protection officer (Art. 13 Para. 1 b GDPR)
Personally responsible: Thorsten Jordan
E-Mail: dsb-ID-KIT∂ensecur de
Information obligation for prospective customers and existing customers
Purpose and legal basis of the data processing (Art. 13 para. 1 c GDPR)
- Handling and processing enquiries from interested parties (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR)*
- Preparing quotations for prospect customers (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR*)
- Processing of applications (§ 26 para. 1 BDSG-neu)
- Affiliation in an applicant pool for later contact (Art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR)
- Concluding purchase contracts (Art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR*)
- Fulfilling legal obligations (Art. 6 Para. 1 c GDPR)
- Support of operating processes by service providers (Art. 28 GDPR)
- Order management and delivery (Art. 6 Para. 1 c GDPR)
- Implementation of marketing activities (Art. 6 Para. 1 a GDPR)
- Handling of complaints (Art. 6 Para. 1 c GDPR)
* Interests of the controller in a balancing of interests (Art. 13 Para. 1 d GDPR)
- Assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes
- Guaranteeing IT security and the IT operations of the company
- Prevention of crimes
- Measures for business management and further development of services and products
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data (Art. 13 Para. 1 e GDPR)
Authorities, banks, auditors, software manufacturers, associated companies, waste disposal service providers, advertising agency, IT service providers, suppliers/service providers, universities, research institutes
Transfer to third countries (Art. 13 Para. 1 f GDPR)
Data transmission to third countries takes place according to the statutory admissibility regulations pursuant to Article 45 GDPR, read in conjunction with Art. 46 (5) S. 2 GDPR). The GDPR provides for continued validity of the appropriateness resolutions already issued. For the EU-US Privacy Shield, the Commission has determined the appropriateness of the level of data protection (C(2016) 4176 final).
Storage period in accordance with statutory retention obligations (Art. 13 Para. 2 a GDPR)
Personal data of prospect customers is usually deleted after 3 years.
The personal data of applicants is added to our application pool, where it is deleted after 5 years if no study place can be offered or accepted. If a place is accepted, the required data is transferred to the student/participant file. In the case of customers (including students and course participants), personal data is generally deleted after ten years of the end of the contractual relationship.
Right of access, correction, erasure, restriction, data portability and objection (Art. 13 para. 2 b GDPR)
As a data subject you have a right of access, correction and erasure of your data and of restriction of the processing as well as a right of data portability. Please contact the controller in this connection using the contact details provided.
Right to object (Art. 21. para. 1 GDPR)
Insofar as the processing of your data takes place in order to maintain legitimate interests, you have the right to object to this processing at any time using the contact details we have provided if reasons arise from your special situation that conflict with this data processing. We will then terminate this processing unless it serves compelling legitimate interests on our part.
Right to withdraw consent (Art. 13. (2) c GDPR)
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, effective for the future. The lawfulness of processing until the time of revocation shall not be affected in this regard. For further information, please contact the responsible office under the contact data provided.
Right to lodge a complaint (Art. 13. para. 2 d GDPR)
As a data subject, you can contact the competent state office for data protection and freedom of information for Baden-Württemberg in the event of complaints.
Existence of a requirement to provide personal data (Art. 13 para. 2 e GDPR)
The data collected are necessary for the conclusion of the purchase contract. Data for marketing purposes are provided voluntarily.